Monday, August 18, 2008

Big Apple

Who doesn't LOVE New York!?! We were lucky enough to go for the weekend with the Neumann family. We had such a fun weekend. I don't think it would have been possible to pack more into the three days that we were there. Here are some of the highlights of the great weekend....


The first night we got in late so everyone in the group was a little sleepy... that is besides Whit and I. We were obviously a little excited!! I love all the lights and the crowds.
Any of you chick flick lovers out there might recognize this place. It was used to film part of "27 Dresses". This is the cute restaurant where the main chick's parents got married, and then her bridezilla sister wanted to steal the idea for her own wedding. Not that you can tell, but we're attempting to hold up the numbers 27. It was amazing how many different movie scenes you could pick out just walking around the city. Ok, so I'm semi obsessed with the Today Show! And so is Justin's sister Whitney. We almost got a tour of the studio by a guy cleaning it at night but everything was all covered up in white tarps while the cast is all gone in China. SO CLOSE! "That's what's going on around the country, here's what's happening in your neck of the woods".



I have been hearing about the play Wicked for ever. I was so excited to finally get to see it! It was even better than I expected. I don't like very many musicals but I LOVED this one. It was hilarious! "Toss, toss". Even the boys liked it a lot.
We did a boat tour around Manhattan, Ellis Island, and The Statue of Liberty. It was so pretty to see everything from the water.


Rockefeller Center. Serendipity anyone? I haven't even seen the whole thing but I've seen the scene here. Awww, the glove.This is at Tavern on the Green. It was the most beautiful restaurant I've ever been to. It was right in the middle of Central Park. The whole back of it was glass looking out on the park. Seriously, I must have looked like such an idiot because when we walked in I just stood there with my mouth open.
Wall Street. Had to jump up on the bull!
The whole Neumann clan. We had so much fun with them! We're sad to see Whit, Sean and Cambria go back to school in just a week. Don't do it guys!!! School schmool, who needs it:)

3 comments:

Nat and Dave said...

How fun! You guys did so much! I am way jealous! I have never even been to New York...CRAZY RIGHT?!! You will have to give me a list of all the fun things to do, places to go, and all that good stuff to see once we make it out there...or anywhere back east for that matter!! I have hardly been anywhere on the East Coast...maybe that will be our next vacation!! Ps...you look so stinkin cute in all your pics...your a babe!!!

Jessica said...

I would definitely agree that you and Whitney weren't very sleepy in that first picture! It looks like you guys had a ton of fun while you were there!

Andrea Hatch said...

AHH!! I am so jealous!! You guys had so much fun! And WOW that restaurant in Central Park is AMAZING!!!