Monday, November 8, 2010

Camden this is you at 18 months...

You are really into cars, tractors, and anything with wheels. You love shoes, especially ones that aren't yours. You are particularly talented at running in my high heels. Your other favorite is any sport's ball. You carry a basketball around with you all the time, but you only like your dad's basketball that is big. You love to read books. You repeat EVERYTHING we say and do. Even if we sneeze you mimic it. You are one very active, stubborn and wild boy. Every time I turn around you're diving head first in the toilet, climbing up something, pulling everything out of the cupboards, rubbing sand in your hair at the park, or my personal favorite reaching in the back of your diaper to show me what's in it. You're also the sweetest and most affectionate boy in the world. You love to give us kisses (thank heavens because you went through a stage where you hated to cuddle). You kiss my hand all the time. I think because you've seen your dad do it. Last week at dinner you looked at me and said "hand?" reaching out. I put my hand in yours and you kissed it and then gave it back to me. You also ask for my hand in the car just to hold while we drive. You recently started pushing my hair out of my face. You stare at me and gently push my hair back with your chubby and usually sticky fingers and more times than not finish by planting a kiss on my face. It melts my heart and the destruction of the day is erased. You are an extremely social kid. One of the very first words you learned to say was "hi". Everywhere we go, you smile and wave saying "HI" to anyone and everyone. When you do this to strangers the usual reaction is they laugh and say hi back but some people don't respond either because they are lost in their thoughts, don't hear you, or when you were younger they would just stare at you in disbelief, probably because you were so little to be interacting that way. When you don't get a response right away, you are determined and don't stop repeating hi, in increasing volume and pitch, until you get a reaction back. You love to dance. Sometimes I don't even hear the music until I see you bopping back and forth and then notice the commercial in the background with a song. Your dad and I love how excited you get about everything. You absolutely adore your dad. When you hear the keys outside every night as he comes home from work you squeal and run for the door yelling "hi daddy!". You guys do everything together. He has never missed one of your doctor's appointments. Not even when you were in my belly. This is you at 18 months.

2 comments:

Karissa Kay said...

We miss Camden! He's getting so big. Lily sends her love.

Jessie and Taylor Miller said...

I love how coy he looks in that second shot!
what a charmer!