Tuesday, February 15, 2011

L - O - V - E

Ok, if the sappy love stuff makes you gag read no further. Maybe its the shoe boxes we used to decorate in elementary school and hand out valentines that sparked my love for Valentine's Day. Or maybe it's because this seems to be the time of year that I get to eat as many conversational hearts and cinnamon bears as I want. More likely it's because four years ago on the day before Valentine's Day, the 13th, Justin proposed to me and now there's that added excitement that goes with the BIG 14. Whatever the reason, and however silly people think I am I LOVE VALENTINE'S DAY!!!!!!!!!
(Here's the proposal)
Justin and I trade off every year who gets to plan V-day. Here's a picture of the very first Valentine's Day we celebrated together. Look at that long hair!
This year Justin was in charge and he pulled out all the stops. It will be a hard act to follow next year. We started celebrating on Saturday by going to a really beautiful restaurant downtown by the Capitol.
But let's back up to earlier that week before the twinkle lights, candles and roses when Justin was holding my hair LITERALLY all night while my head was in the toilet. Justin caught a 12 hour bug which he passed to me and mutated into a 48 hour DEATH bug. I honestly don't know that I've ever been that violently sick for that long. Justin stayed home from work two days taking care of me and Camden. By Saturday morning my head had stopped spinning, my body didn't hurt and I wasn't curled up around the toilet but I was still exhausted so I slept most of the day. When I woke up that afternoon I sat up and saw these little beauties by our bed....
It was such a fun date! Then came the REAL Valentine's Day. Remember what I said about how much I loved getting valentines in the decorated shoe boxes back in elementary school? Justin remembered too. Not only did he make this box, it was full of candy and valentines from my two favorite boys. Thanks for such a great Valentine's Day honey! I guess I should start planning now!

5 comments:

Abby said...

Aw what a perfect valentine's day! Sorry you caught the flu though. And I'm not sure I've ever heard the story of how he proposed? Looks awesome!

Littleshortstacks said...

Justin is totally impressive!
You too always look so in love...not just on VDay!

Ryan, Becca, Brinley Boo AND Casen too! said...

Wow! Seriously so dang cute! So glad you have such a sweet husband to take care of you! I am going to have to let me husband know about the shoe purchase... how did you train him!? You just made me love Valentines a little more :)

Arianne Pearce said...

Seriously? That's rediculous. I am so glad that he got the memo about making your day amazing. So fun!! SO glad you are feeling better.

Sarah said...

awesome, awesome shoes!! you guys are too cute!