Saturday, October 9, 2010

Younger Than You Look!

Conversation with a woman in my spin class:
(Context-she was asking me about things she could do to get rid of her extra mid section. Side note- this was the skinniest women I've ever seen)
Her: "Well after you turn 40 it's just all down hill from there. It's starts in your 30's. Well you know what I mean, it's just harder than it used to be."
Me: "Hmm, yeah." Nodding slowly. I would have let it go there but she continued to stare at me waiting for me to expound. "Well I'm actually not in my 30's yet..."
Her: Cutting me off "You aren't even 30 yet?! REALLY?!!"
Me: "Um, no I'm 27 today actually".
Yes, this is exactly what every woman wants to hear on her birthday. 'Wow, you look older than you are!' Thank you lady with no filter. I'm buying wrinkle cream today.

3 comments:

The Wilkins Family said...

maybe this was after spin class and she was having a hard time getting oxygen to her brain:) so far from the truth

Rach Williams said...

A. That woman is dumb.
B. You do NOT need wrinkle cream
C. Those pictures of your husband and son golfing are to DIE FOR!! OMG I laughed/cried/smiled out loud. Love it!

Unknown said...

Ok clearly she was saying like WOW. You aren't 30 yet?? But you are married with a kid and are teaching spin class. I mean you are out of Provo. Well Utah for that matter. Most of the people out there aren't even married by 27. It was a compliment sister.