Thursday, January 7, 2010

Part Two - Colorado!!

Oh how I miss Colorado!!!! We stayed at my parent's house most of the week but took a few days to play in the mountains at Steamboat. One of the highlights of this trip was skiing/snowboarding. That's right we're a mixed family. Justin skis and I opt for the more challenging sport of snowboarding. We had great powder and incredible scenery. New Year's Eve we watched a firework show on the slopes, went hot tubing and played games. It was a really fun night until about 11:32 when everyone pooped out and went to bed. LAME! Justin, me and my dad held strong till midnight.What would a Searle vacation be without a little chocolate chip cookie cook off. Justin has had this contest with two of our nieces now. His cookies are amazing! Hence why I have him make them at home at least once a week.
Even with being number 28 on the grandkid count our nieces and nephews couldn't get enough of Camden. They thought he was hilarious because all they had to do was look at him and he would smile. That made the kids crack up which only made Camden smile bigger and get more excited. Funny chain reaction to watch.
Justin and Camden have been practicing their stunts to someday join the Ringling Brothers.

8 comments:

Abby said...

Who won the cookie bake-off?

Katherine Fajen said...

EXCUUUUUUUSEEEE ME????
What did I just see??

Are you a...
BRUENTTE????????

I looooove it! Looks fantastic. :) Welcome to the dark side.

Rachel said...

I love the color of your hair!!!

Rachel said...

Camden is so dang cute!! Hope we get a boy as cute as yours!

Justin and Lindsey Neumann said...

Justin won the cookie contest. However he didn't get my vote which caused some serious marital issues. You would think I would know his cookies by now... opps!

Jeff and Linz said...

Linz you are a brunette now???!!! You look gorgeous! What a fun Christmas you guys had!! We miss you!

Rach Williams said...

Are you Searle? Haha. I was reading your comment and had NO idea who you were, but oh my gosh is your name imbedded in my mind!! Jord talked/talks about Searle all the time. I'm happy we found each other's blogs too. I don't think I've officially ever met you, but let's count this as the 'official.'

carly said...

Lindsey, you have the cutest little boy! He is SO darling! How have you been?! Isn't this snow just crazy?! I'd love to get together sometime soon. It's been such a long time.