Friday, April 17, 2009

Anatomy Lesson From a Six Year Old

Warning: the following post is a little graphic... proceed with cation! Last weekend it was beautiful weather so Justin and I went to the National Zoo to walk around and enjoy the springtime. We saw some really cool animals. I especially love the red pandas but by far the highlight of the day was when we walked by this bear sculpture in time to hear this little girl say to her baby brother, "This is the bear doing yoga and this is the bear's penis". Justin and I about died. I couldn't believe it. We were laughing so hard.


The second highlight of the zoo trip was when we were walking across a bridge and a big yucky black bug flew down my shirt. I HATE bugs... especially when they are inside my clothing! So naturally I screamed, jumped around and then proceeded to pull up my shirt over my big prego white stomach to get it out. When that didn't work I screamed for Justin to "GET IT GET IT!" So not knowing what else to do, Justin reaches up my shirt trying to find it. We got it. Not only a traumatizing experience for me but for any person within eye shot! Ok, maybe much much more traumatizing for anyone that had to witness the whole thing. Don't worry I don't have any pictures of this one. Instead here are some cool animals we saw.
This bird was so funny. It was guarding the entrance to the bird exhibit the whole time. It had the craziest little side mo-hawks.
Here are some of the rest of the week's activities. It was kind of an animal week with the Zoo, then the Baltimore National Aquarium, and then the Circus.




5 comments:

Jessica F. said...

You two have more fun than about anyone I know!!!

Abby said...

That is so funny! Oh and I love that photo on the side of Justin dipping you (St. Petersburg, FL)...cute:)

Andrea Hatch said...

I totally laughed out loud about your zoo stories. You are hilarious. And you look so gorgeous!!!

Arianne Pearce said...

Oh my- I have experienced you with bugs and it ain't pretty. What a fun day!

Katherine Fajen said...

That first story was so funny! You are looking so pretty- you amaze me! Let's chat soon...no, REALLY.