Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Pre-Christmas

So even though we won't be in DC for Christmas that didn't stop us from getting a tree and decorating for the Christmas season. We will be spending Christmas in Austin, Texas with Lindsey's two brothers and then heading to Colorado to spend New Years with the rest of the Searle family. It will be great to be able to see everyone over the Holidays! So here is a rundown of what we have been doing to get in the Holiday spirit.


We went to Home Depot to pick out our Christmas tree right after Thanksgiving so we could get it up real early!

Putting up the Christmas lights outside our place.Our tree all decorated. Lindsey did a "Buddy the Elf" jump off our couch to get the star on top of the tree!


Since we are waiting for our fireplace to be built (we wish!) we hung our stockings on the railing.We went ice skating over Thanksgiving. Cambria, Lindsey and Whitney.

Lindsey and I at the ice rink. Lindsey is still learning how to ice skate, so she watched from the side!

The Neumann fam.

With my sister and cousin Chase.

As you can tell, we got an early start to Christmas this year. Since Lindsey is an organizational Nazi, we even have all of our shopping done! I am actually glad we are done with it, even if I was forced in to doing it!

5 comments:

Arianne Pearce said...

Finally a post since Halloween!!! Well, how cute and Bret is so jelous because we don't have a real tree. Looks fun to go ice skating! We are hoping to do some of that while we are in Colorado- but we'll see with baby Kyle. Anyway, can't wait to see you guys soon!

Jessica F. said...

FUN!!! I love decorating for any holiday, especially Christmas!!!!!

Jessica said...

Yay for Christmas! I love your decorations and I love the stockings....they look perfect!

Jake and Lynn said...

Christmas really is the best. We got our tree so early this year too and now it's starting to die (how sad), just in time for Christmas vacation. Hope you guys have a great holiday. We still want to come out over the 4th, I'm still trying to convince Jake.

Lindsey said...

ok... so you don't know me. I googled my name and your blog came up....so I was curious and I LOVE your blog it is so cute! Are you LDS? Just curious...I live in Utah , my name is Lindsey Neumann and my mom's maiden name is Garrard...I noticed you went to some cabin with some Garrards and I found it a little ironic. Anyway, blog on - you guys are a really cute couple. Neumann is my married name...I wonder if there is any relation? My blog sucks and is way outdated - so don't go look at it :)